doulton slideshow

Get the flash player here: http://www.adobe.com/flashplayer

Monday 19 April 2010

When I dressed as Dr. Paul Gubbins



Probably the undoubted highlight of living in Doulton was Halloween 2007. During my first semester studying Sports Journalism, a law lecturer called Dr. Paul Gubbins became a household name to any friend or family memeber of any student lucky enough to have the man teach law to you.

With classic quotes such as "you have aids", "is he buxton?" and the infamous symbolic bow and arrow motion striking success into everyone, Gubbins became the best thing about Law, and pretty much the only good thing about Law, and so I simply had to dress up as him for Halloween.

After a shopping spree at Help the Aged, a classic, under-rated shop by the way, I began transforming myself into the best man on the planet, and looked disturbingly better dressed as Gubbins than just dressed as myself.

Paul Gubbins inspired me to live for the moment, he inspired me about DIP (defamation, identification and publication) and most of all he inspired a group on facebook dedicated to him. Paul Gubbins, we salute you.

6 comments:

  1. bless my whiskers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post makes me happy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely brilliant!! Loving the stories, good times

    ReplyDelete
  4. This blog is the best thing ever. Hilarious stories, superbly written.

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha quality, remember those days well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never lived in Doulton, I lived in Clarice Cliff but reading these stories made me wish I did. it sounds like it was a great place to live and the photos show really well how enjoyable your time there was! Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete